Fashion Lives Downtown Kicks Off With Fashion's Night Out
Sep 07, 2010 - by Amanda Gabriele
Fashion's Night Out in the Meatpacking District, sub-named Fashion Lives Downtown, is a series of events and cocktail parties, open to the public, featuring special appearances by celebrities, editors, fashion experts, in-store events and special offers at over 50 retail destinations throughout the Meatpacking District. Highlights after the jump...
- Theory: Debut of Theory Fashion Insider: The Remix, featuring a live DJ set by Andrew Wyatt, a founding member and the lead vocalist of Swedish/American trio Miike Snow, and a video mash up by artist Philip Ashley. Theory Fashion Insider stylists will also be on hand to remix shoppers' fall looks.
- Stella McCartney: Selma Blair hosts the evenings festivities that features an exhibition of Helena Christensens work to benefit the Chernobyl Childrens Project International.
- Hugo Boss: Grammy award winning artist, Robin Thicke will perform an acoustic set.
- Moschino: Singer, Kelly Rowland hosts Moschinos fantasy world of surrealism where guests will be photographed in a giant handbag.
- Tory Burch: DJ Cassidy to spin and Shake Shack on the BBQ.
- Diane von Furstenberg: Hosted by Refinery29, the DvF and HP Experience Lounge features cutting-edge fashion installations and a photo booth.
- Helmut Lang: Explore the world of Helmut Lang with Creative Directors Nicole & Michael Colovos, along with DJ Harley Viera Newton, a photolab presented by Cobrasnake, spirits provided by East Village's Death & Company and bites catered via Rickshaw's Dumpling Truck.
- Jeffrey New York: Personal appearances by designers LWren Scott, Jason Wu, Nicholas Kirkwood, Monique Pean, Christina Ricci, and Current/Elliott.
- Maybelline New York makeovers for the mini-catwalk and a chance to win a years supply of makeup. DJ Charlotte Kemp Muhl and Sean Lennon to spin.
- Scoop NYC: EDUN Pop-Up shop with Ali Hewson and a DJ set from Jaleel Bunton of TV on the Radio.
- American Express ZYNC ZONE with Style Pack partner Gilt Groupe: Providing makeovers, a photo-booth and lounge.
- Tracy Reese: Hosting a dance-a-thon featuring DJ Rajni Jacques of Nylon. Wallflowers can receive complimentary manicures from Sally Hansen.
- Vince: Performances by DJ Mia Moretti and pop-rock violinist Caitlin Moe.
- Click here for a link to the entire list.