Get a Complete Facial Without Venturing Into the Cold
Feb 01, 2011 - by Amanda Gabriele
We all know the sun is dangerous and damaging to the skin, but what about wind, ice, rain and bitter cold? During the winter, skin needs to be rescued from the elements. Rather than spending $100 or more on a spa facial, why not treat yourself to an at-home treatment that will make your skin glow? Borghese's Bel Visto Facial Skincare Set rejuvenates and restores skin with seven fabulous products that will make you feel amazing.
I had the pleasure of trying the Bel Visto set from Borghese. This is how it went down:
1. First I washed my face with Esfoliante Delicato. It was both purifying and exfoliating. My skin felt clean and soft afterwards.
2. I followed the wash with Effetto Immediato Spa Soothing Tonic for Sensitive Skin. Toners tend to dry out my skin and make me peel. But this alcohol and fragrance-free toner cooled my skin and made it feel smooth.
3. I never use eye cream, but I used the Fluido Protettivo Advanced Spa Lift for Eyes next. We forget the delicate skin around our eyes needs moisture too. This cream is lightweight and soothed my tired peepers.
4. Finally, I applied the luxurious Dolce Notte Re-energizing Night Creme to my face and neck. It is rich without being greasy and heavy. I woke up this morning with hydrated and healthy-looking skin.
5. After washing and toning my face this morning, I lightly massaged CuraForte Moisture Intensifier to my skin. This firming moisturizer actually strengthens the skin's ability to retain moisture. My skin feels soft even after wind and ice blew over it on my way to work this morning.
6. I finished my facial routine this morning with Crema Straordinaria Da Giorno SPF 25. It made my skin feel silky, and I can have peace of mind knowing it is protected from the sun.
7. I am already a religious user of the Fango Active Mud for Face and Body. I apply this deep cleaning and moisturizing mask once a week for detoxified, polished skin. And it doesn't make your face feel tight like other mud masks out there.
So instead of spending tons of money and dealing with the cold weather, you can snag the Borghese Bel Visto set at QVC.com. Great for yourself or as a gift!