How To Refresh Tired Summer Hair
Jun 21, 2011 - by Amanda Gabriele
Spending the day in the sun is obviously fun, but it can drain the life out of your locks. After sand, sweat, chlorine and harmful UV rays, how can you spruce up your hair for a night out? If you need some quick fixes for tired, limp summer hair, we have some great tips on how to refresh summer hair so you can look as vibrant as you feel.
1. Dry shampoo. If you don't have time for a full-on shower, dry shampoo is an amazing, underrated alternative to washing your hair. Ojon Full Detox Rub-Out Dry Cleansing Spray instantly cleanses and refreshes your hair and scalp without water. The invisible formula is ideal for all hair colors.
2. Leave-in conditioner. If you know you're going to be out in the sun all day, using a leave-in conditioner is a great way to prevent locks from getting dry and frizzy. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Moisturizing Leave-In Conditioner is formulated without silicones, so it smoothes hair without weighing it down.
3. Hot oil treatments. If you have a big dinner or event coming up, it's easy to make hair look radiant overnight. Comb a small amount of hair oil like Rodin Olio Lusso Luxury Hair Oil through your locks and wrap your head in a hot towel. Leave in overnight, and you'll wake up to healthier-looking, more lustrous hair.
4. Hair sunscreen. As another preventative measure, use a sun protection spray before spending the day outside. Shiseido Refreshing Sun Protection Spray SPF 16 is light, refreshing and protects hair and scalp from harmful UVA/UVB rays with no sensation of stickiness or heaviness.
5. Revitalize & refresh. If your hair is curly or frizzes in the heat, use a product formulated specifically for your locks. A hair refresher like Ouidad Botanical Boost® Moisture Infusing & Refreshing Spray provides a blend of proteins and botanical extracts to preserve moisture, prevent frizz and enhance shine anytime throughout the day.
6. Tie it up. If all else fails, you can always wear your hair up to mask any drabness the day has put brought upon it. Check out our 8 Hair-Tie Alternatives to Up Your Do and throw that hair tie out the window. If you're looking for a cool tool to try one of the styles, we love this Madewell Plaid Prints Scarf.
What is your best summer hair refresher tip? Tell us in the comments.