Say Yes To The Dress
Aug 02, 2010 - by The Fashion Web
Cheslea Clinton's wedding dress caused more hoopla than this year's Oscars.
There has not been this much talk about a dress since J Lo wore that green, Versace scarf number. In case you have been under a rock, I am referring to Chelsea Clinton s Vera Wang number. The cover of todays Womens Wear Daily declares Chelseas Moment, but in truth, it is Vera Wang s. Miss Wang, known mostly for her wedding collections could not have asked for a better PR moment than the Clinton wedding. Her ready-to-wear collections are much more modern and edgy than her frothy wedding gowns. Though Vera receives a good amount of attention and editorial for her RTW, her recent collaboration with Kohls tells another story, namely she needed a cash injection for her company. No one sets out to do a down market collectionI dont care what you say. The current phenomenon of major design houses doing capsule collections for a bargain basement stores is nothing that Coco Chanel or Yves Saint Laurent would ever sign on for. You can talk high-low dressing all you want.it would just not happen. And if someone tries to say that Coco would have loved towellOK thenprove it.
The dress that caused the biggest stir...second to Princess Di's birthday cake number.
What on Earth is this bolt of fabric that we were mesmerized by. Yikes.
This dress will live on in infamy.
Audrey Hepburn and Givenchy changed it all up.
Poor Alicia Keys...her Vera Wang dress went over with a no sizzle...just schnizzle.
Top 20 Iconic Movie Dresses:
1. Marilyn Monroe in her white halterneck dress The Seven Year Itch
2. Audrey Hepburns little black dress Breakfast At Tiffanys
3. Jessica Rabbits strapless red dress Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
4. Julia Roberts spotty polo dress Pretty Woman
5. Sharon Stones white sleeveless dress Basic Instinct
6. Carrie Fishers long white dress as Princess Leia Star Wars
7. Olivia Newton-John in her white prom dress as Sandy Grease
8. Judy Garlands gingham dress as Dorothy- The Wizard of Oz
9. Snow Whites blue and yellow dress Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs
10. Robin Williams in his blousy dress Mrs Doubtfire
11. Vivien Leighs red off the shoulder dress playing Scarlett OHara Gone With The Wind
12. Audrey Hepburns black and white race day dress My Fair Lady
13. Julie Andrews smock dress The Sound of Music
14. Doris Day in a yellow dress at the end of Calamity Jane
15. Julia Roberts long red dress Pretty Women
16. Cruella de Villes black dress with polka dot coat 101 Dalmatians
17. Jennifer Greys pale pink dress worn for the final dance as Baby Dirty Dancing
18. Guy Pearces outlandish frock The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert
19. Julie Andrews coat dress Mary Poppins
20. Belles yellow ball dress - Beauty and The Beast
- Share this on Facebook
- Tweet This!
- Subscribe to the comments for this post?
- Share this on del.icio.us
- Digg this!
- Share this on Reddit
- Post on Google Buzz
- Email this to a friend?
- Post this on Diigo
- Clip this to Evernote
- Email this via Gmail
- Add this to Google Reader
- Seed this on Newsvine
- Stumble upon something good? Share it on StumbleUpon
- Share this on Technorati
- Share this on Tumblr
- Buzz up!
- Email this via Yahoo! Mail