TOP TEN White People Fashion Fails
Jun 08, 2009 - by Hillary Frazier
Since our '10 Ghetto Fabulous Don'ts' was so widely popular/hated, we decided to create a list of the things white people do that we really don't understand. We aren't racist, we promise.
1. Sweatpants/Pajamas in public. I never really understood this, it takes the same amount of effort to put on a pair of jeans as it does to put on all of these things. Ridiculous.
2. Ed Hardy. This photo speaks for itself.
3. Oakley mirrored/rainbow sunglasses. When is it really necessary to be wearing rainbow tinted sunglasses? White people love how these make them look like a surfer/snowboarder/DOUCHEBAG.
4. Jean skirts + leggings + UGG boots. I am STILL waiting for this "trend" to go out of style. If it's warm enough out for you to be wearing a skirt, you shouldn't be wearing UGG boots..if it's cold enough for you to be wearing UGG boots, you shouldn't be wearing a skirt. Pick one or the other, please.
5. Socks and sandals. Look at how short that guy's pants are! This screams tourist/dad to me. Who ever decided that this was acceptable?
6. Humor state-themed shirts. Somewhere along the line, white people decided that it was hilarious to use semi-witty phrases along with whatever state they lived in. Thus, the humor state shirt was born, and has sadly not died off yet.
7. Stupid tattoos. Butterflies, tribals, skulls, barbed wire, etc.
8. Crocs. I don't care if they're "super comfortable," Crocs are and will always the THE UGLIEST FUCKING THINGS ON THE PLANET. Why they keep inventing different styles (sandals, flats), I have no idea.
9. Cargo shorts. White people LOVE these. But why do you need all of those pockets?
10. Critter pants. To me, these seem like a cross between cargo pants and pajamas. Either way, not cool. And they look exceptionally dumb with those flip flops.
Don't hate me more than you already do.