by Jessica Lapidos on
The world may not have ended, but the skies of Manhattan have sunken down into a rainy stupor leaving our spirits a little dampened. We got a respite on Saturday with sun glorious sun, but we’re back in the gray with impending downpours on the way. Alleviate some of the soak with more than an umbrella. We’re in raincoat territory now.
1. Christopher Raeburn: Made from recycled military parachute nylon, this parka (which also allows for a warm winter insert) will protect from the elements.
2. Emma Cook: Not your typical poncho, this one has the capacity to enhance your outfit, rather than covering it horrifically, as so many ponchos do. And it will be good to you during a potentially rainy festival season.
3. Peacocks: A cheapie mac from across the pond, where it rains, all the time. Printed leopard. Rawr.
4. Ann Demeulemeester: Drawstrung up in silver, the lapel alone is worth the wear.
5. Jil Sander: As gray as the day is long, yet as olive as my filthy martini, this coat can make a splash.
6. Topshop: Brings me back to a skirt I had during my middle school Spice Girls days – deep blue and plastic. But what I really really really want is zigazig ahh.
7. ModCloth: Red and rubber with an inner whale.
8. American Apparel: Down with a cinch, up with a hood.
9. Moncler: The dolman cuts it short for warmer weather drizzle.
10. Burberry: Cropped and caped, shrug it dry.
As umbrellas are quite the temporary fixture – lost or broken almost immediately – pick up a cute printed guy at H&M for cheap.
And I continue to stand by a solid flatform in the rain. Because weather is no excuse for shlump. In fact, there is no excuse. Stay classy. Stay dry.