Edited by Amanda Gabriele on
With 4th of July around the corner, we at FashionIndie are thinking about what to wear on our big day of Independence. Obviously red, white and blue and stars and stripes are on the brain, but this mix can be tricky to master. But not to worry because with the right attitude and perfect pieces, you can look patriotic AND chic at the same time. Check out our guide below with 20 pieces to inspire independence and watch people set off fireworks in style.
1. Full Tilt Aztec Tube Top $21.99 – A splash of purple guarantees you can wear this all summer long.
2. True Religion Joey High Thigh Shorts $325 – What’s more American than cut-off jean shorts?
3. NARS Lip Gloss in Bad Education $24 – This sheer crimson red gloss is perfect for carefree beach hanging.
4. Splendid Striped Cotton and Silk-Blend Tank $78 – The asymmetrical touch at the hem makes this tank stand out from other striped options.
5. Topshop Red Stripe Bow Hair Clips $12 – Too cute for words, these sweet little bows are the perfect hair accessory.
6. Matthew Williamson Sequined Suede Clutch $730 – A burst of color and sparkle, just like the fireworks you’re about to watch.
7. Acne Derryl Jacket $512 – Take this festive yet edgy jacket along in case there’s a coastal/mountain chill.
8. Kenneth Jay Lane Black Stars Bracelet $145 – Be the star of the celebration with this festive statement bracelet.
9. Balmain White Classic Straight Leg Pants $1,221 – There’s nothing that screams summer fun like white pants.
10. Alexander McQueen Red Trompe L’Oeil Pencil Dress $1,695 – For the more sophisticated celebration, it doesn’t get more chic than this.
11. Costume National Varnished Belt $192 – A belt in candy apple red belt is great for just a touch of patriotism.
12. Maison Martin Margiela Line 22 Brushed-Effect Wedge $620 – Is it a boot or a wedge? Does it matter? No because it’s amazing.
13. Yves Saint Laurent Snake Suede Y Clutch $2,200 – A perfect complement to most outfits, dress up your look with fiery snake suede.
14. Karen Walker Belted Swing Skirt $125 – Channel old Hollywood via this full skirt with a nautical touch.
15. Milani Jewel FX Nail Lacquer $4.99 – Paint you nails to match the sparklers with FashionIndie’s favorite lacquer.
17. MOTHER The Looker Bonfire Cropped Skinny Jeans $310 – Pair red jeans with a white tank for a fun and easy outfit.
18. Miu Miu Lolly-Pop Sunglasses $195 – Have a retro holiday with baby blue square frames.
19. House of Harlow 1960 Star Earrings $45 – This glamorous alternative to the five-point star is the only accessory you’ll need.
20. Jeffrey Campbell Cruise to Cape Cod Heel $119.99 – Like picnic baskets for your feet, these platforms are ideal for both day and night.
Have questions about any of the items seen here? Tweet at me @CrystlMeatballs.