Edited by Lester Brathwaite on
Another year, another Friday the 13th! Here from the FashionIndie vaults:
Triskaidekaphobia, the morbid fear of the number 13, has led to buildings without a thirteenth floor, airports without a 13th gate, a neverending film franchise and of course, the most notorious day of the year. For your Friday the 13th viewing terror, here are 13 style superstitions to heed and fear:
1. Crack a coke mirror, get 7 years of bad blow.
2. Cross a black catwalk, fall on the runway.
3. Naomi Campbell-walking under a ladder will bring several dirty looking pebbles to you in the night.
4. Botox a day keeps the wrinkles away.
5. Listening to Lady Gaga will make you gay — as will one drunken time in college.
6. Step on her crack, Whitney Houston will break your motherf*cking back.
7. Opening an umbrella indoors makes it rain on a whore.
8. For the lucky bride — something old, something new, something borrowed, and no pre-nup, boo.
9. Hanging Sarah Jessica Parker‘s shoe on the wall will bring good luck.
10. Never wear Uggs after Labor Day — or ever.
11. Find a tranny on her head pick her up, all night long you’ll get free shots.
12. Kissing a toad gives you warts — as will kissing a guido.
13. Garlic protects you from vampires, evil spirits and ever having a date.
Take it easy out there today kids for as a wise blind man once said, “Superstition ain’t the way.”