INDIE NEWSROOM: A&F Stock Plummets After Today’s Situation…London Is #1 For Fashion…Coco Rocha is an Irish Dancer?
- Hooray for the gays! Michael Kors and Lance Le Pere tied the knot today in Southhampton, NY. We can only hope for a men’s bridal line next. [WWD]
- Is this old news for everyone or just me? Model Coco Rocha was discovered jigging about in an Irish dance competition. Now she’s showing her pride for the activity by hosting an online screening of Irish dancing documentary Jig. Weird, yet mildly touching? [Fashionista]
- London was just named the #1 Fashion Capital of 2011, beating out top dogs Paris, Milan and New York for the title. We’re glad (not) rainy old London has a chance in the spotlight, but we’ll scream if we don’t get our title back in 2012. [The Cut]
- Would you carry a red leather 9/11 handbag around town? Designers Jen and Chris Mascali created the “Remember” bag to commemorate their father and others who were lost in the attacks. All wholesale proceeds go to the 9/11 Memorial Fund. Are you sold? [Refinery 29]
- And speaking of 9/11, did you know Gwyneth Paltrow saved someone’s life that day by almost running her over with a silver Mercedes? Lara Lundstrom Clarke said the encounter made her miss the train, subsequently late for work and she completely missed the attacks. Damn Gwyneth, you be cashing in big time these days. [E!]
- OOPS. Abercrombie & Fitch stock plummeted after the company offered Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino compensation to stop wearing the brand. Surely, we in the Indie Newsroom won’t be the only ones laughing about A&F’s douchebaggery. [Just Jared]