Hedi Slimane Wants You to Get Over It Today in Indie Newsroom
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by Hedi opening up the public library so he can read everyone, Bieber’s hair-raising comments to Prince William and the Duke and Duchess needing to get a room.
- Hedi Slimane has responded to the rather OTT reactions to his rebranding of Yves Saint Laurent, telling Vanity Fair: ”It is interesting to see how much reaction this retro branding has created. Clearly, this period of the history of the house was not well-known, which I trust was a surprise for Pierre Bergé [Saint Laurent's long-term partner]. I went back to 1966 – just before the events of 1968 [when 11 million workers revolted against the conservative politics of then-President Charles de Gaulle - the biggest general strike in history], but the awakening of youth was in the air, and Yves Saint Laurent wanted to dissociate himself from the clientele of haute couture and embrace this new generation.” So there. [Vogue UK]
- Justin Bieber, clearly forgetting that he’s one stint in rehab away from complete oblivion, dared to pass judgement on Prince William‘s clearly visible receding hairline: ”I mean, there are things to prevent that nowadays, like Propecia. I don’t know why he doesn’t just get those things, those products. You just take Propecia and your hair grows back. Have you not got it over here?” Show some respect! Not everyone’s blessed with the lush lesbian locks of passing stardom, Bieber. Gosh. [Telegraph]
- However, Prince William will continue brushing his royal shoulders off, since he’s busy rubbing up on his wife, the Duchess of Cambridge, all up in public. The Olympics brings out the freak in all of us. [Huff Po]
- Rapper Snoop Dogg cum reggae-r Snoop Lion wants some of that Mariah Carey money, expressing interest in joining American Idol as a judge. Imagine? “Now that’s what I’m talkin’ ’bout, Neph-EW! Oooh-WEEE! You shut it down for shizzle my –” and cut to a blank screen. [NYDN]
- Hugo Boss‘ new scent, Boss Nuit Pour Femme, was inspired by self-proclaimed hardworking woman Gwyneth Paltrow. [WWD, sub req'd]