Leggo Saint Laurent’s New Logo Today in Indie Newsroom
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by Saint Laurent’s new logo, another Anna-Obama dinner and Dov Charney’s disarming laughter.
- The new Saint Laurent Paris logo is more or less here, as seen in the August issue of Vogue Paris. It’s happening — get over/into it. [Telegraph]
- Anna Wintour is hosting another fundraiser dinner for Barack Obama but this time she’s foregoing Sarah Jessica Parker‘s bourgie townhouse for the even more bourgie suburbs of Greenwich, CT. But to add a little dose of trash, she’s co-hosting the evening with Harvey Weinstein. [The Cut]
- “I’m not as well educated on these Olympic matters as I should be. I’m in the schmatta business.” Dov Charney explained, with a “disarming laugh,” to WWD regarding his gaffe over American Apparel allegedly designing Olympics uniforms for the Russian team. [WWD]
- 17 (highly questionable) ways that Clueless would be different today. Cher wearing Alexander Wang instead of Alaïa? As if. [Buzzfeed]
- A year after her death, a look back at Amy Winehouse‘s iconic style. [Huff Po]
- The Spice Girls will reportedly join pretty much every British musical act of the past 25 years in performing at the 2012 Olympics Closing Cermeony. The Girls will perform two songs including “Wannabe” and if there’s a god in heaven — i.e. Victoria Beckham in a heel — the other one will be “Spice Up Your Life.” #fingerscrossed [Vogue UK]