Edited by Lester Brathwaite on
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by MTV’s House party, Mimi’s not-so-mini payday and Kimye’s wedding bells.
- MTV time-warped back to the 90s and dragged back some 170 clips from the classic House of Style then slapped them online for your viewing pleasure. Now you can relive a time when supermodels were super and Galliano had a job. [MTV]
- Mariah Carey‘s throwing her diva weight around as the new judge of American Idol, getting a reported $18 million for the season with an option to renew. That’s a lot of money for a lot of crazy and more importantly it’s more than Christina Aguilera‘s getting for The Voice and Britney Spears is getting for X-Factor. Which I’m sure is coincidental. [Vulture]
- Kanye West may make the second worst decision of his career and pop the question to “girlfriend” — I can’t in good conscience refer to Kimye as a real thing — Kim Kardashian with a ring from his late mother’s jewelry collection once her divorce from old whats-his-name is finalized. [Jezebel]
- And this is why you don’t fucks with a drunk model. Victoria’s Secret catwalker Selita Ebanks went H.A.M. last year on alleged Telemundo model Liza Irizarry after Liza kissed Selita’s boyfriend on the cheek in greeting. A tipsy Selita reportedly told Liza, “Don’t be kissing my man,” before breaking Liza’s nose. Now Liza is suing Selita and Naomi Campbell is beaming with pride. [Daily News]
- And if you want to recreate the video or campaign, those intergalactic McQueen visors went on sale today. So if you’ve got a few hundred bucks lying around…. [Vogue UK]