Lady Gaga Was Born This Way Maybe Today in Indie Newsroom
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by Gaga being ready for her closeup and a twitter war and a meeting of Olympian proportions.
- Lady Gaga will make her big screen debut in Machete Kills, the sequel to Robert Rodriguez’s Machete – which infamously starred new BFF Lindsay Lohan — playing a character appropriately-titled, La Chameléon. The Lady joins a
superstar varied cast that includes Sofia Vergara, Charlie Sheen, Jessica Alba, Mel Gibson and Cuba Gooding Jr. [Page Six]
- Her burgeoning film career won’t keep Gaga from threatening future one-hit wonder Carly Rae Jepsen, however. Her Monstrosity tweeted at the “Call Me Maybe” singer: “I SEE you just swooped in and broke my BORN THIS WAY record of the most weeks at #1. DONT GET COMFORTABLE IM COMING FOR YOU.” Ah, there’s nothing more I love than a Twitter feud between two popstars. [R29]
- The two most influential women in fashion met once again when Michelle Obama, FLOTUS and Kate Middleton, Duchess of Cambridge converged in London for the opening ceremony of the 2012 London Olympics. Frankly, that’s all I was waiting for — the rest of the games are just filler. [Grazia]
- Supermodel extraordinaire Amber Valletta stars in Emilio Pucci’s first ever ad campaign, shot by the underworked duo of Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott. [WWD]
- In addition to its Award for Women in Cinema, Gucci will make its presence known at the Venice Film Festival with a short film starring new Gucci Girl, Blake Lively and directed by Drive director, Nicolas Winding Refn. [THR]