Edited by Lester Brathwaite on
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by Posh Glamour, Vanity Fair‘s ladies and LiLo’s foray into modesty.
- Victoria Beckham put on her editor’s hat — or rather tiara — for the September issue of Glamour. According to the lady Beckham, she was a real hard-ass about it too: ”I wanted to put my stamp on the magazine. They were really open to my ideas…” Well it was either be open or get opened up with a stiletto. [WWD]
- Meanwhile, Vanity Fair apparently got lazy after all those stories about Marilyn Monroe, Camelot and dead socialites and decided to slap a year-old photo of Kate Middleton — VF is nothing if not consistent – on its September issue, effectively stealing Jessica Chastain‘s thunder. The Oscar-nominee is not only forced to share the cover duties but came in second place to the Duchess on the International Best-Dressed List. You never had a chance, Chastain. [Fashionista]
- Occasional actress and full-time divette –let’s see where this “comeback” goes before coke-bumping her up to “diva” — Lindsay Lohan made a ten-person crew strip down to their skivvies to make herself a bit more comfortable while filming a sex scene for her new non-movie, The Canyons. Her nervousness is understandable since she’s always such a model of discretion. [NYDN]
- Bake Lively gets all sultry and spritzy in this video for Gucci‘s new scent, Première. [The Cut]
- Christian Siriano has opened his first boutique in Manhattan’s Nolita offering everything a tickety tack tranny from Trannsyvania who’s not apologizing for it could ask for. [Refinery29]
- Everyone knows that drag queens are two-faced but Vogue Italia visually depicted it rather brilliantly with the help of photographer Leland Bobbe. [Vogue Italia]