MUSE OF THE WORLD: Alaia to Dior: Thanks but No Thanks…Mugler Gets X-Rated..Carine Back in the Editor Saddle?
- Azzedine Alaïa was asked to take over Christian Dior in the wake of Gallianogate, but refused because he didn’t want to be “part of the next chapter” of the “sad story” that is John Galliano. [Financial Times]
- The next chapter of that sad story will actually begin on June 22nd when Galliano takes the stand. It was previously thought he would miss his first day in court due to rehab, but he’ll be there with his couture bells on. [Vogue UK]
- Noted paragon of virtue, Lady Gaga, flashed her aquamarine mirkin at the MuchMusic Video Awards. [Styleite]
- Meanwhile, BFF Nicola Formichetti is flashing some serious man-skin for Mugler‘s upcoming menswear show in Brothers of Arcadia, a two-part promotional video inspired by the Greek gods. And in a move the ancient Greeks would no doubt applaud, an uncensored version of the videos will be available on XTube. [Fashionista]
- Kate Moss is marrying Jamie Hince in two days and the monumental event, dubbed Mosstock, will apparently be at the super’s home and will provide guests with a “full festival experience.” [Modelina]
- The latest rumor about former Vogue Paris editrix and current Independent Woman, Carine Roitfeld, is that she is starting her own independently published magazine. [Hint]