MUSE OF THE WORLD: Vera’s Always a Bride Now a Bridesmaid, Kimora Is NOT Anorexic and Tom Ford – Used Car Salesman?
- Vera Wang is expanding her bridal empire to include bridesmaid dresses for her White by Vera Wang label in collaboration with David’s Bridal. The dresses retail for around $200, meaning that there’s no reason to make your maids wear something awful and tacky besides the fact that you hate them and don’t want them looking better than you. [WWD]
- Passover just got blinged the schul out. Jewelry designer Young&ng is selling Swarovski-encrusted Yarmulkes for the price of your first born, or roughly $1,495. [Refinery29]
- Karl Lagerfeld wants you to smell like a bestseller. The Kaiser has a fragrance in the works, Paper Passion, inspired by the scent of books. I’ve always wanted an Eau de Moby Dick. [Bellasugar]
- The Fab Lane apparently no longer has room for car pooling. Kimora Lee Simmons has lost some weight, she’s looking good, she’s turning it, she may even get rid of those rings around her neck, but she wants you to know that she does not have an eating disorder, despite kind of hinting at that earlier. [The Cut]
- Kanye West is not your typical rapper. No, Ye is a man after my own heart as he too loves a good woman’s blouse. La West closed Coachella in a Spring 2011 Céline top, heavily accessorized with layers of chains, bracelets and a tampon. He has a really heavy flow. [Elle UK]
- Mirror, mirror, on the wall. Who’s the fairest of them all. Not Kate Middleton (today’s Muse of the World is brought to you by the letter ‘K’). Prince William‘s future princess was voted the third most beautiful royal in history, behind Princess Grace (Kelly) of Monaco and Queen Rania of Jordan. But good news, she came out one place ahead of the late Princess Di. At least that’s one less shadow of Di’s she has to live in…though it’s going to be nothing but darkness for years to come. [Daily Mail]
- Tom Ford may look smarmy, but not used car salesman smarmy. However, an Ontario dealer begs to differ and is using Ford’s swarthy, sultry, smarmy image to move some product with the provocative tagline: ”You know you’re not the first. But do you really care?” I can’t say that I do. Tom Ford may have been around the block a few (hundred) times, but he’s still looks good under the hood. [Racked]