by Lester Brathwaite on
If you believe the world will come to an end tomorrow — MAY 21ST! — or that Judgement Day is nigh or are just hoping for bobbly-headed aliens with light-up fingers like I am, you don’t want to be caught unprepared at the moment of truth, now do you? Here are 10 items you should have before mounting one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (I like Pestilence best).
1. Booze. Let’s be real, if shit’s going down tomorrow, I’m going out in a vodka-soaked blaze of glory.
2. At least one piece of McQueen’s Savage Beauty. Yes I am breaking into The Met and yes I am wearing this gold duck feather coat out.
3. Egoïste. Because I need to see a Louis Vuitton-attired polar bear taking in an Al Gore lecture on global warming before I die. That happened.
4. These post-Apocalyptic video looks from Beyoncé’s “Run the World (Girls)”:
And Lady Gaga‘s “Judas”:
5. Oprah. I know this is short notice with the world ending tomorrow and all, but I really think Oprah and I should be together since I’ve recently adopted her as my mother. She’s not really aware of it.
6. Violent Lips. Sometimes a girl needs to look fierce and really this isn’t the time to slack off with boring old jungle red or whatever signature color you use. Give me a hot pink leopard lip and call it a day/year/life.
8. Angelina Jolie’s Atelier Versace gown from Cannes. I love a good statement-making gown when the skies open up; and this gown will say, “Excuse me, stop what you’re doing. I get it…but I’m in the room.”
9. A pair of Louboutins I lifted from FI‘s Editor-in-Chief Sam Lim. Barring the fact that I’m about six shoe sizes bigger than she is, Sam’s long hours in the line at the Christian Louboutin sample sale should be celebrated. Celebrated with a unbearably painful walk-off.
10. Fashion Indie’s Mixtape Vol. 3. If we’re all still here next week you can get a listen for yourself, but I’ve already got my copy and will be dancing till the world ends.
Speaking of Britney, I forgot to include drugs — last minute shopping …literally!