#YUM: A Healthy Breakfast Choice W/ @VansFoods
Aug 21, 2013 - by VicFrid
'Food is one of my favorite parts of the day.' - Jennifer Lawrence
Recently one of my besties started a wheat free diet. Apparently the wheat in the US is not as ‘kosher’ as it appears. I am not one for diets, but when people around me are healthy it puts a little fire under my butt. I am not as strict about the wheat free products (yet), but I am trying to be more conscious.
One of the hardest times is breakfast because I am a cereal and oatmeal kind of girl. Or so I was until I discovered the heavenly gluten and wheat free waffles of Van’s Natural Foods. They are so delicious and super filling when topped off with the right yumminess. Personally, I choose my two minute quac recipe. It’s so easy to make…
- Hot Sauce
- Lemon or Lime
- Mash the avocado in a bowl.
- Finely chop the apple and tomato. (Sometimes I have substituted the apple with a bell pepper for a little diversity in my mornings.)
- Squeeze the lemon or lime onto the avocado mash along with a little bit of hot sauce (I like everything spicy).
- Mix in the chopped apple (or pepper) and tomato.
- Spread on the waffle and ENJOY!
It’s such a healthy and quick breakfast, and it prevents me from being hungry until 2PM. Not too shabby if you ask me.