by Josh Linam on
The iPad 2 arrived today, and it is glorious. Like a good model makeover, iPad 2 is thinner, lighter and makes the earlier version look like a mentally handicapped step child. Details inside.
iPad 2 rundown:
• 8.8mm thick – thinner than iPhone 4; iPad 1 was 13.4mm thick.
• Front and rear facing cameras.
• Personal Hotspots compatible with iPhone 4.
• Service for AT&T and Verizon.
• “Face Time” – face to face video chat capability.
• A5 chip for faster processing.
• Comes in white and black; iPad 1, black only.
• New “Smart Cover.” iPad 2 has magnets built into the frame; cover works as typing stand and puts iPad to sleep when you cover it.
• Heaps of new software.
• Ships March 11 in U.S.
Link Love: MacWorld