@VivaLuxury Gets Festive in Armani Exchange, Chiara Ferragni in @SigersonShoes, @LovelyPepa Wears Her Own Designs
In another addition of Beca’s Best Dressed List, I gather my fave looks from around the blogosphere including Scent of Obsession and Karla’s Closet.
This Labor Day, it’s time to werq. Designers like Rick Owens, Armani and Margiela have crafted some Fall 2012 looks that suit some of the hardest working humans – Surgeons, Coal Miners, Priests, what-have-you. See who took their collars to the blue side of labor.
The Bronx is known for many…a few things. The home of Yankee Stadium. The Bronx Zoo and Botanical Gardens. J. Lo‘s alleged stomping grounds. But soon it might be known as a retail mecca should plans for an outlet mall come to fruition.
- Facebook is planning on adding kids under 13 to its network of users, thus ensuring another few seasons of To Catch a Predator. [WSJ]
- During his opening monologue at the CFDA Awards, Seth Meyers donnned Marc Jacobs‘ lace dress from the Met Gala and made a John Galliano-Bar Mitzvah joke. Guess which one went over and which one fell faster than a auspicious design career? [The Cut]
It’s that time again, kids! Time for the only awards presentation of any merit, the Fifis. Celebrating the best in perfumes, colognes, eau de toilettes, body sprays and pretty much anything that covers up the smell of failure and/or shame, this year’s nominees naturally include a number of celebrity vanity fragrances such as Beyoncé‘s “Pulse” and Justin Bieber‘s “Someday,” both finalists in the Luxe Women category. While Bey may have the biological advantage, if you ask me there’s no woman more luxe than the Biebs.
It’s going to be a haute year on the international pop superstar tour circuit. While Madonna will be wearing Jean Paul Gaultier and Givenchy by Riccardo Tisci on her upcoming MDNA tour, her monstrous mini-me Lady Gaga has turned to Giorgio Armani for her Born This Way Ball tour, kicking off April 27 in Seoul, Korea.
Kanye to Keep Up with the Kardashians, Ashley Judd Takes on Her Haters and Stefano Pilati Armani Rumors
- Rooney Mara‘s changed her Dragon Tattoo girl ‘do thus rendering her completely unrecognizable/irrelevant. [Refinery29]
- The newest trend in male grooming: the man bikini wax. The Brazilian is the most popular so just try and get that image out of your head. [NYT]
- Clearly a fan of discretion, Kanye West is rumored to appear on the upcoming season of the cause of the downfall of western culture otherwise known as Keeping Up with the Kardashians thanks to noted mantrapper/current girlfriend Kim Kardashian. And some people have the audacity — the CHEEK — to think this is all just a marketing gimmick. To those people I say…good call. [Radar]
Despite dying of a heroin overdose in 1988 at the de rigueur age of 27, the work of Jean-Michel Basquiat looms large in the modern art world. Originally a graffiti artist hailing from Brooklyn, that spirit of early hip-hop rebellion has been channeled/co-oped by Reebok in a line of kicks and apparel, but at the height of his success, Basquiat was better known for working in Armani suits — a status symbol of the 80s if there ever was one — often emerging in public with paint splattered all over them. Here are a few pointers on how you too can achieve that gentlemanly, laid-back art school dropout look.
Besides selling overly produced pop hits, Rihanna is still hocking Armani. In the latest video the girl from Barbados is selling the hell out of some underwear denim. (And by selling I obviously mean writhing seductively in a bed for a minute while pretending to be aroused.)
INDIE NEWSROOM: Tilda Swinton’s Life to Be a Banquet as Auntie Mame…Rihanna’s Armani Ads Not That Sexy After All…Rachel Zoe Slights Brad Goreski’s Baby Gift
- Tilda Swinton is putting aside the heavy dramatic roles for the heavy pancake makeup and costume jewelry of filmdom’s greatest drag queen, Auntie Mame. The Oscar-winner is planning to “live, live, LIVE!” it up with her I Am Love director, Luca Guadagnino. [Out via NYT]
Behold a glamorous woman. She wears opera gloves to dinner. Hats just because. She has her suits custom made. She uses a muff. She is a Lady in Waiting in the 1950s, and she’s showcased in Elle next month. In fishtail skirts by Zac Posen and Donna Karan, suits by Oscar de la Renta and Armani styled by Christopher Niquet, Susie Bird is captured stunningly by photographer Thomas Whiteside. It’s a glimmer of hope that women can once again be utterly perfectly tailored in outfits akin to yore, yet still reign in our feminist ways.
Rihanna is now at the tail end of a laundry list of
musicians celebrities to get a line of clothing. Though big ups to Ri Ri for going through Armani to get there. Already the face of the iconic Italian brand, Rihanna is working with Emporio Armani on a capsule collection. The line will include a skinny and a boyfriend jean, a leather jacket, a set of lace underwear in black and gray, two t-shirts, and a canvas bag. See the sneak and the sketches here.