In this edition of Red Carpet Report Card, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge will be graded on her Prabal Gurung Spring 2012 look worn to the welcome ceremony at the Istana during the Diamond Jubilee tour. See how she looked after the jump.
Indie Newsroom is brought to you by a Kate communing with the youth, a Katy corrupting the youth and a Lindsay enjoying what’s left of her youth.
- Jennifer Lopez is employing Zuhair Murad to design her summer tour costumes and employing
Chris Judd Casper Smart as choreographer. [People]
- Seems like brownface doesn’t really fly these days. One of Ashton Kutcher‘s Popchips ads, in which he plays an Indian man, was deemed racist by people with eyes and ears and subsequently taken down. No word if the NAAKL, the National Association for the Advancement of Karl Lagerfeld, plans on any legal action. [NY Post]
In all of fashion, only two industry names were considered “influential” enough to make TIME‘s annual 100 list — Sarah and Sara. Alexander McQueen‘s Sarah Burton, whose wedding gown for Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge née Kate Middleton had the whole world talking , and Sara Blakely, the founder of Spanx, which had the whole world cinching.
Snooki Knocks Off McQueen, Kate Middleton Shoots, She Scores and Kate Moss Does Absolutely Fabulous-ly
- Pope Benedict now has his own signature cologne, which presumably smells holier than thou. [Telegraph]
- Even when playing field hockey in sneakers and a hoodie, Kate Middleton still manages to look better than most of us on our best day. And if that’s not a quality you want in a future queen, I don’t know what is. [Fashionista]
INDIE NEWSROOM: $1.5 M in Gifts for Baby Blue Ivy Carter…Kate Middleton Is #Winning…Cosmo Hides the Vagina
- As expected, The Baby Blue Ivy Carter is already balling out of control. [NY Post]