Edited by Princess Glover
Celebrity clothing lines are a dime a dozen nowadays, having become so unreasonably commonplace that it might be safe to say you’re not a real star unless you manage to churn out one (though you couldn’t even dress yourself without the help of a professional). I’ll be the first to say leave it the ones who know what they’re doing, but I will also say that there have been a few, very few that not only have managed to stay relevant as far as fashion is concerned, but exemplifies the true spirit of design: originality, creativity and quality–a rarity amongst the famous. Here are the exceptions:
1. Elizabeth and James by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen- because they don’t try so hard.
2. L.A.M.B by Gwen Stefani- the shoes are beyond dope.
3. J.Lo, Sweetface by Jennifer Lopez- even though Sweetface went belly up, she’s the one that started it all, and don’t act like you’ve never owned (or wanted to own) at least one pair of her jeans or one of those ghetto fabulous velour sweatsuits. Guilty.
4. Kate Moss for Topshop- a fashionista’s wet dream
5. House of Harlow by Nicole Richie- hate the girl, love the jewelry.
6. Benjamin Bixby by Andre 3000- gettin his grown man on.
7. Twenty8Twelve by Sienna Miller- Does she still qualify as a celebrity? Nonetheless spring/summer 09 is looking pretty good…
8. Chloe Sevigny for Opening Ceremony- hipster chic at its finest.
9. The Victoria Beckham Collection- this shameless clotheshorse knows her shit.
10. William Rast by Justin Timberlake- I think we were all surprised that this didn’t turn out as bad as we had assumed.