Edited by Lester Brathwaite
- Fresh off the stilettoed heels of her landing a gig styling for Barneys, Carine Roitfeld has just finished a shoot for none other than Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel‘s Fall/Winter campaign starring Freja Beha Erichsen. The Kaiser called the experience “genius,” which is no small compliment from someone who openly thinks Coco Chanel was overrated. [WWD]
Edited by Lester Brathwaite
Karl Lagerfeld is a genius. And like most genii, he’s also completely bat-shit crazy. Over the years he’s offered his usually unsolicited opinions about people and — never really known for his cheery disposition — his comments have usually fallen in the spectrum of bitchy and, well, super bitchy. Below are 13 of the Kaiser’s greatest backhanded compliments.
Edited by Saynt
Let this be a lesson to all you aspiring models out there. You can’t maintain that svelt figure into your 30s without proper diet, excersise, and daily lines of blow off of Pete Doherty’s babyshambles.
LINK LOVE: Daily Mail
Edited by Hillary Frazier
We’ve concocted a list of male musicians that have their own band of fashion followers. (In no particular order, it’s too hard to decide that stuff)
1. Michael Jackson: Even more so now, MJ was always known for his crazy fashion sense, and sparked trends all around the world, from military blazers to one glove.
2. Buddy Holly: Huge among the hip crowd right now, 50s and ‘nerdy’ styles are back, or never really left. Ray Bans and skinny ties, win.
3. David Bowie: Glam rockers unite for the man in the makeup.
4. Justin Timberlake: After he trimmed his curls, JT is almost always spotted in a dress vest and tie, keeping it casual with jeans but still looking undoubtably cool.
5. The Beatles: They not only influenced millions with their music, but also with their collared shirts and circle-shaped glasses.
6. Kriss Kross: I have no idea which marketing exec. told these kids to put their clothes on backwards (although I’m sure they probably came up with the idea themselves), but this was HUGE (just as huge as their clothes were on them…)
7. Sid Vicious: Ah Sid and Nancy, every punk’s idol. (minus swastika shirts)
8. Andre 3000: My favorite style ever, Andre 3000 is always dressed to kill.
9. Run DMC: You can still find those chains in St. Marks. Adidas classics? Nice.
10. Pete Doherty: Aside from the drugs, it’s now cool to look like a homeless drug addict, apparently.
Who are your favorites?
Edited by Saynt
DISCLAIMER: I am not a nice person. When I don’t get invited to parties I get seriously pissed to the point where I begin to thoroughly bash those who did go. It’s a sickness, but I enjoy the symptoms. Here are the celebrities that went and what I have to say about them. Don’t read ahead if you’re a pussy who loves everything. You make me sick. Grow a pair and get the fuck off my post.
Hugs and Disses,
Considering all her recent topless, beer belly shots its amazing that Kate Moss was able to vomit up enough cocaine boogers to squeeze into this gold thingy. Seriously though, have you seen her naked lately, it’s like she went from model to mom. I hate to say I miss Pete Doherty, but at least he kept the girl thin.
Sidenote to Marc. Dating a hot Brazilian hombre does not make you a hot Brazilian hombre by association. One more shade of brown and you’ll just about burn the jew out of you and well officially start calling you Valentino Jr.
I only enjoy looking at Anna Wintour when she’s standing next to her hot step-daughter Bee. This editor seriously needs to consider a new look cause she’s getting grannylicious on us. You were the shit in 2007, now you’re just shit. Get something done immediately cause your magazine is just bleeding ink right now and there’s nothing exciting about it. Just a thought from one editor to another.
P.S. Can we get more tits in American Vogue? Paris Vogue is getting way to expensive on the monthly.
Dear Jessica Biel,
Justin looks like a total douche. Please call me.917-450-5238.
Hugs and Disses,
Wait, was this year’s theme “Bridge and Tunnel” or “Jersey”? It’s so hard to tell.
In Malowi wearing Playboy bunny ears above the age of 30 is equivalent to assassinating the president. Just thought you should know.
WARNING: Getting slapped around by your man will turn you butch. Spread the word.
HOLY FUCK, Fran Dresher still gets invited to SHIT!!!
KKK robes are SOOO much more stylish nowadays.
Brillo Pad + Sheet Metal + Helena Bonhan Carter = Mary-Kate Olsen
HOLY FUCK, Kirsten Dunst still gets invited to SHIT!!!
Last week I was walking my dog Foxy and she spit from her ass a giant, steaming pile of what Tyra Banks has on her head.
Ivanka Tafetta Trump.
Andre Leon Tally looks like he’s part of some super secret society like The Skulls or that one from Eyes Wide Shut Gossip Girl expect instead of accepting members based on their status and cool, they only accept fat asses who wear muumuu’s to cover up their jelly rolls.
SIDENOTE: How many desperate gay interns to you think fit under that thing?
Nothing says “NOTICE ME” better than wearing a wedding dress to the gala.
Great job Elizabeth Hurley on not seeming at all desperate.
SIDENOTE: How many desperate pr interns do you think fit under that thing?
Straw hat and drawstring dress pants?!? Yup, the theme was definitely “Jersey”.
SIDENOTE: How many of Seals babies do you think fit under that thing?
Edited by Saynt
So Nylon recently came out with a list of things to do if you want to be an “It Girl” for their October issue dedicated to the subject. Among the options, dating a rocker, being under 20 years old, and being the spawn of a celebrity made the list according to Jezebel. We’ve got our own thoughts on what it takes to be an “It Girl” but we must warn all that accomplishing all these might just get you an STD and a trip to addiction rehab.
1. Crave a Shit Load of Attention. It’s the attention your parents never gave you cause they were too busy sniffing coke off of Fareah Fawcett’s ass during your quarterly P.T.A meetings. It’s the attention you crave when you hit the strip without a pair of coochy covers on. It’s the attention that makes you look sad enough to give up a “make me feel good” fuck to the first guy who looks your way. Believe me, guys are looking.
2. Suck Cock. Actually Suck a Shit Load of Cock. Like “Porn Star Trying To Break A Guinness World Record” Level Cock Sucking. Former geeky high school boys will pay attention to you if you do. The same boys who have no social life and a shit load of time to snap photos of people (rather than actually party with them) at clubs. The same boys who know HTML and aren’t afraid to blog it. The same boys who will upload your photos making you an “It Girl”. Doing so will guarantee Cory Kennedy fame within two face blasts. Be sure to avert your eyes.
3. Drink. A Lot. Drunk chicks dance, are loud as fuck, and get noticed at clubs. You should reek of alcohol every morning and wake up with random sploodge in your hair from all the photographers you blew the night before. (See tip number 2)
4. While You’re Drinking Snort Some Coke. Or Ecstasy. Or Heroin. Or Pixie Sticks. Seriously, drugs make you really, really, really cool. If you’ve been to rehab and you aren’t even old enough to vote you’re on the right track.
5. Look Like Jailbait. Or Better Yet, Be Jailbait. Underage girls get paparazzi and hipster photographers hotter than a 70% off sale at Urban Outfitters. Wax off all signs of pubescent hair and be sure to be slutty enough to get their attention but not slutty enough to seem like you know what your doing. A woman who’s actually capable of seducing someone freaks hipster photographers out and they’ll just blow their load before they snap your photo.
6. Stalk Dov Charney, Merlin Bronques, Cobrasnake or any other hipster with a camera then repeat steps 1 -5.
7. Shop, Work, and/or Pick Up Your Drug Supply from American Apparel. Seriously.
8. You + A Celebrity’s Dong + Video Camera with Night Vision = Instant “It Girl” Status.
9. Don’t Weigh More Than The Thinner Olsen. Better yet, acquire an eating disorder like bulemia, anorexia, or that weird one from Sex and the City where the guy chews food but doesn’t actually swallow it. It Girls must be a size two or zero in order to get noticed and slip in and out of prison bars when their arrested for drunk driving/drug possession/smuggling Canadians across the US border.
10. Be White. Seriously.
11. Attempt To Be Something More Than An Over-Glorified Attention Whore. Consider modeling, becoming a DJ, or creating a t-shirt line. All require absolutely no skill whatsoever and will guarantee you get even more attention.
12. Skip The Higher Education Route. It Girls don’t need to be smart. They just need to be dumb enough to follow all these rules to a tee. Skip the community college application (did you really think NYU is an option when the web is littered with your half-coked out party images?) and just enroll in the school of hard cocks knocks.
13. Realize That There Is Only ONE Media Outlet That Gives A Fuck About You. Seriously, if it wasn’t for them, you wouldn’t exist so be sure to bend over backwards to appear on their Internet TV shows, support their yard sales, and pick up their dry cleaning while your at it.
14. Date Pete Doherty. Works everytime.
15. If All Else Fails There’s Always Lesbianism. It worked for Lindsay and it can work for you.
P.S. Before you all start claiming that I’m a woman hating, misogynistic, asshole let me state first and foremost that I am. If women want to accept a title that praises them for doing nothing more than dressing cute and getting photographed than they deserve to be shit on. If you truly believe in women’s empowerment then don’t support publications that insist on placing coked out, drunk whores on their covers, calling them “It Girls” or deeming their turds worthy of your attention. Let’s get real ladies.
On a side, if any of you want to be deemed “It Girls” by Fashion Indie, send us your photos and a small sentence on what the fuck you’ve done lately that makes you interesting. Dressing well helps (we are a fashion blog) but isn’t necessary. We’re looking for accomplishments like “Didn’t Drop Out of College”, “Just Hosted a Massively Cool Event”, or “Just Found a Cure for Male Pattern Pubic Baldness”. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll feauture you on the site.
Images from Gawker, Refinery29, and Nylon.
Edited by Andy Wass
A self-portrait Kate Moss painted during her relationship with Pete Doherty is predicted to sell for upwards of £30,000-£40,000.
This weekend London auction house Lyon & Turnbull will auction off the piece (above), which is marked with Kate’s lip prints and Pete’s blood.
The best part just might be that the certificate of authenticity / receipt is a napkin that Pete signed.
Image from The Daily Mail.
Edited by Rebecca Alexander
It’s been a slow news week so we apologize for all the people bashing (not really sorry) so I officially found the greatest news of the day courtesy of TheSuperficial.
Pete Doherty commissioned a sculpture of himself being crucified Jesus-style. Apparently, Pete and his friend artist Nick Reynolds feel Pete is a tortured Messiah, according to The Sun:
The “disturbing artwork” will be carved in marble and show Doherty being tortured, surrounded by strips of newspapers — symbolising his crucifixion by the media. Reynolds insists he came up with the idea a long time ago and it has taken three years to come to fruition.
The Sun received behind-the-scenes photos of the sculpting process from Pete and the irony wasn’t lost on them:
Unfortunately Pete looks more like Han Solo when he is in his carbon coffin in Jabba’s Palace in Star Wars than Michaelangelo’s David.
The exclusive behind-the-scenes pictures above of Pete’s plaster session were given to me — for a bit of publicity. Er, just a minute. Any slight contradiction here, Mr Doherty?
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Okay, Pete Doherty comparing himself to Jesus is understandable. They’re both imaginary characters. Makes sense. But Pete Doherty as Han Motherfucking Solo?! BLASPHEMY!