Edited by Amanda Gabriele
The pearlized shades of Chanel‘s spring 2011 nail polish collection are oh-so covetable: Les Vernis in Pearl Drop, Black Pearl and Peche Nacree.
Edited by The Fashion Web
Link Love:CHANEL Fall 2010 Beauty Collection
CHANEL you always do me proud with your beauty collections.
Paying tribute to her unique vision, Peter Philips, Global Creative Director of CHANEL Makeup, has created a makeup collection for Fall 2010 that brings bold emphasis to the eyes, and keeps lips soft and delicate.
Joues Contraste Powder Blush
- Pink Explosion, a luminous pink;
- Rose Temptation, a shimmering rosewood; and
- Plum Attraction, a bold glistening plum.
Rouge Coco Hydrating Creme Lip Colour
- Chalys, a delicate coral;
- Rose Dentelle, a tender pink; and
- Chintz, a soft peach
Levres Scintillantes Glossimer
- Petite Pe?che, a pale peach;
- Coral Love, a bright coral shimmer;
- Rose Dilemma, a soft pink; and
- Teaser, a vivid pink.
Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eye Shadow
- Enigma, the bold new colour harmony, features a shimmering peach, deep plum and two iterations of deep smoky grey
Ombre Essentielle Soft Touch Eye Shadow
- Taupe Grise?, a chocolate grey, and
- Vert Khaki, a cool khaki green
Stylo Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner
- Cassis, a pitch-dark plum
Le Vernis Nail Colour
- Paradoxal, a dark grey-violet
Edited by Rebecca Alexander
Peter Philips on the makeup he did for Alexander McQueen: “We were inspired by clowns, divas and Pierrot, with a bit of Joan Crawford thrown in.” Using Chanel products, makeup artist Peter Philips created an “extreme image of glamor” with a very white face and a dark lip, drawn in a wide oval around the mouth.
Meanwhile, hairstylist Guido Palau taped sculptures made of spray-painted Coke cans to the models’ heads, which were wrapped with stockings.