On the evening of Monday 7th February, I attended the Chateau Marmont in celebration of the Academy nomination for The King’s Speech. While it was clear that the Weinstein Company were the backbone of this event, the invitation told me a team of respected actors, directors and musicians were the real hosts. Their names included Quentin Tarantino, Amanda Seyfried, Renee Zellweger, Mick Jagger, Ridley Scott and Gerard Butler. Read the rest…
It’s common practice for the stalkerazzi to post heinous photos of celebrities sans makeup, exposing their most vulnerable moments to the world for a laugh. But for Katy Perry’s own hubby to pull that trick? Ouch. More unfortunately unflattering makeup-less celebrities after the jump.
Gisele Bundchen in Versace (again this year), Renee Zellweger in Carolina Herrera (no surprise there), and Eva Mendes in Dolce & Gabbana. Can’t wait for all the images. UPDATED: Gisele wore Alexander Wang.
Some may say it’s one of the most over-hyped movies, while others find it to be cinematic magic—however you feel about the movie musical Chicago, you cannot deny that it is visually enchanting. The costumes dazzle off the screen, thanks to the genius of costume designer Colleen Atwood.
Renee Zellweger’s character Roxie Hart has some of the most memorable outfits and transformation in the movie—and she rocked the pantless look way before Lady Gaga. Her character is mainly seen in a simple, plan attire, especially at the beginning when the color palette consists of very pale colors, reflecting the status and condition of Roxie. As her fame starts to grow, so does her confidence and we see her in flashier and more attention grabbing ensembles.
Velma Kelly, who is portrayed by Catherine Zeta-Jones, is the fallen star clenching onto her fame, but still maintains her celebrity ego even in prison. She’s often seen in strong, dark colored outfits, and I especially loved the one she’s seen wearing here while testifying in court, which epitomizes the character’s need to have all of the attention on her.
The most memorable costumes of the film were these white fringe dresses Velma and Roxie danced in during the final number. They’re probably some of the most well-recognized pieces from the movie and have been duplicated in various other movies and television shows.
The sequins, beads, lace, tights, & all that jazz that create the look that is Chicago has served as inspiration for many– which is probably why it won an Oscar for its costumes and continues to awe many who watch it.
Five different covers, and the only one I’m even mildly excited about is Zoe Saldana. Katie Holmes looks pretty good, though!
LINK LOVE: Livejournal
I love seeing old photos of celebrities..especially when they’ve changed this much!! Prepare to laugh…
1. Lil Jon
2. Ryan Seacrest
3. Kate Gosselin (not sure which is worse)
4. Snoop Dogg
5. Tara Reid
7. Renee Zellweger
8. Avril Lavigne
9. Mariah Carey
10. Lady Gaga. WHOA.
I hope I don’t look back at my yearbook in 10 years and feel this way…
LINK LOVE: Buzzfeed
Where’d they go? Seems some celebs are staying under the radar lately (or maybe it’s just that some are overly putting themselves out there?)…so we’ve tried to compose a list of the celebrities we haven’t heard from in awhile. Any we missed?
1. Cory Kennedy- The internets biggest celebrity fell off the party circuit after her parents found out. Rumor has it she’s been shipped off to a special school where she has to stay in on school nights and can only go out with parental supervision. Phone and computer use is restricted, but Cory occasionally still updates her blog. Other than that, she’s been more or less MIA since 2007.
2. Renee Zellweger- Did a few flicks in 2006, but has been sticking to doing voices ever sense..maybe because she got so much heat for gaining/losing weight?
3. Julia Roberts- Said goodbye after Charlie Wilson’s War in 2007
4. Christina Aguilera- Since the birth of her baby boy in 2008, the former ‘Xtina’ has been busy being a mom.
5. Jim Carrey- MIA after ‘Yes Man’ last year
8. Johnny Knoxville- Johnny Knoxville is so dreamy. I really miss him and his aviators..he hasn’t been seen since the last season of Jackass in 2007
9. Winona Ryder- Post shoplifting, Winona Ryder was MIA for awhile, but apparently did a cameo in Star Trek..anyone see that? Cause I sure didn’t.
10. Anna Kournikova- She was just diagnosed with severe tenosynovitis in her left wrist..but where the heck was she before that? Ever since Maria Sharapova started doing Canon commercials, Anna’s been MIA.
Kate Bosworth on the cover of MC, oh opps, nope, that’s a much older, botoxed, and photoshoped Renee, who claims she’s “not single, just busy.”
What has see done lately? Besides looking like shit at the Golden Globes.
GALLERY: Renee Zellweger in Marie Claire
I feel like there has been too much bad fashion this weekend. I thought I would end with a vintage Moment of Style. Here’s Renee Zellweger, pre-lemon face, at the Oscar’s in 2001