Vivid yellow dresses are the first thing we noticed when we walked into David Tlale’s Spring 2013 presentation at The Box. Tribalesque beats and a strong base filled the room as the turban clad models posed with fierce eyes. The collection was inspired by South African culture, and that was shown through the stunning floral tunics.
Memorial Day is quickly approaching, which means it’s time to break out the white pants and shoes, right? At FashionIndie, we don’t care about those idiotic rules and wear whatever we want all the time. But the coming of summer does mean a lighter closet as we stow away greys and browns to make room for whites and brights. If last season’s pieces are looking a little over-worn, check out the guide below and snag our top 15 favorites for a white hot summer.
Procrastination is the name of the game and Mother’s Day is the pawn. Thank my fashion stars that everyone’s favorite queen and trendy tastemaker Robert Verdi has gift guided our way out of the panic zone. Here are his gift suggestions for every mom from fabulously luxe to sporty chic:
1. TORTOISE VINTAGE LOOK ROUNDED SHADES – $20.21
2. CARRIAGE BY TIMEX WATCH – $24
3. MARTINA SATIN PEEP TOES – $130
4. CLUB L LACE DRESS – $20.21
5. FREE PEOPLE EASY CORSETED SLIP DRESS – $68
6. MODD LANCETTI SNAKESKIN PURSE, $45
1. WAREHOUSE MOSAIC TILE PRINT SILK TUNIC – $59
2. GABRIELLA ROCHA FLATS – $80