Edited by Nicole Vardo on
Fashion kids might be border-lined obsessed with Rumi Neely’s Fashiontoast or clicking through the pages of The Vogue Diaries but even if they own the first spot in your stylish little black hearts, why not leave some room for the writers of all our favorite fashion sites and twitter accounts that keep us updated in the most wicked ways possible! It takes one to be able to capture an audience through slouchy poses, awesome clothes, and photos, but to actually be able to influence through fashion words, is major points! Plus these ten have more potential to become what I like to call the most influential blog directors on the web!
1. LOOKBOOKS.COM- With more professionalism than the presidents of fashion, their blog connects the fashion industry through everything designers, street style, fresh faces, and interviews with creatives like Danielle Levitt. All names to know for any aspirational fashion guru, and if that isn’t enough they’re always giving away million dollar baby prizes like Manolo’s!
2. The Ford Models Blog- This is their second time being on a FashionIndie influence lists as they were on the list of The Top 10 Websites Every Fashion Professional Should Know and today making it second on our favorite writers worth reading! Fresh faces, and a wicked tongue on every tweet Damien Neva keeps us updated on model lust all day!
3. Modelinia- It might say it in the name but if you really want top news about any model, from endorsements to what shoes they wore last night keep up with Bianca Posterli our favorite blogger on Modelinia.com
4. @DKNY- If we only could wish this anonymous PR guru had a blog! But luckily she does have a Fashion Week SS11 for Elle Collections out on news stands now! And with tweets like “Do you ever notice that the light never turns red when you are trying to reapply to lipstick” to “Is there a word stronger than QUEEN for Drama? Queen is just not cutting it” this Donna Karan super tweeting girl is the one to follow from all things fashion, to laughing at her so true statements!
5. Collegefashionista.com- A website filled with Zuckerberg’s inspiration of creating a connection with every fashion guru throughout every University in the world! From Yale to the many campuses of NYU, Amy Levin has pushed the limits of what fashion means to a younger audience and allowing everyone to glimpse into the innovative styles that the young create, and follow! Any fashion business would be dull without a little CollegeFashionista.com in their life!
6. @IamSamLim- I’d be surprised if you all weren’t familiar with Lookbook.com ‘s Fashion Director & Stylist, Samantha Lim. A wicked fashionista taking on New York City with killer six in pumps no matter what weather, having the best closets any girl would kill for, and getting to attend all the best style filled events out there! Not to mention she’s ridiculously funny and can write up a mean article!
7. NYLON Magazine Blogs- Not only is NYLON magazine a wicked piece of print that we anxiously wait for every month but it’s also one of the best blogs in fashion whom the magazine’s witty digital director Faran Krentcil dominates! From songs of the day, to behind the scene fashion perks, and twisted culture, it’s all about the NYLON blog.
8. @COACD- Just like a modeling agency but better! Douglas Perrett a model-casting director says it like it is and keeps his blog running with fresh faces not to mention was listed under Refinery 29’s Fashion’s 50!
9. Refinery 29- From putting together the perfect outfit dictionary for just about any occasion any glitter-veined girl would have to attend, Refinery 29 is like the guide to a perfect and easy outfit life. Clearly with some of the best street style coverage R29 is rocking it!
@Bergdorfs- Bergdorf Goodman, two words that can change any bad situation for any women into pure bliss! With a timeline dedicated to inside tips from the designers, to the store’s events, and some twitpic beauty here and there, we’d be crazy not to love @bergdorfs tweets and blog.