by Lester Brathwaite on
Karlie Kloss won’t be making any appearances on the runways during New York Fashion Week this season because “an engagement has come up.” This alleged engagement means a loss of thousands upon thousands of dollars for the super-in-training so whatever reason it is, it must be something good. And having no facts or clues on which to base supposition, we’ve come up with five conspiracy theories regarding her possible whereabouts.
- Karlie Kloss, movie star. Kloss’ rise to superstardom in the world of modeling means that Hollywood will begin knocking on her door, if they haven’t rammed it down already. Karlie may be following in the strides of other model-turned-actress Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and is eschewing the catwalk for the film studio.
- Maybe she’s born with it, maybe it’s a beauty contract. While the runway pays well for girls of Karlie’s stature, a beauty campaign can set a model on the catwalk to Easy Street for the rest of her life. Since snagging Estée Lauder, when’s the last time you saw Hilary Rhoda walk a show?
- Karlie Kloss, new creative director at Christian Dior. This may be a bit of a stretch, but the house does love them some Kloss. She hasn’t missed a step in a single Dior show — from couture to resort — in years and Bernard Arnault might want to just keep her around.
- Strike a pose, there’s nothing to it. As everyone knows, models making the cover of Vogue is as rare as a viable Republican candidate for the presidency. So what better reason to cancel on Fashion Week than to jet off to Paris for an exclusive shoot with Mario Testino for a star-making cover?
- Karlie Kloss DiCaprio. After she walked in the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show, Leonardo DiCaprio was reportedly smitten with the leggy Ms. Kloss. He’s landed Gisele and Bar Refaeli, why not add the newest bright young thing to his collection of catwalkers?
What do you think — Where in the World if Karlie Kloss?