Edited by Hillary Frazier on
We’ve concocted a list of male musicians that have their own band of fashion followers. (In no particular order, it’s too hard to decide that stuff)
1. Michael Jackson: Even more so now, MJ was always known for his crazy fashion sense, and sparked trends all around the world, from military blazers to one glove.
2. Buddy Holly: Huge among the hip crowd right now, 50s and ‘nerdy’ styles are back, or never really left. Ray Bans and skinny ties, win.
3. David Bowie: Glam rockers unite for the man in the makeup.
4. Justin Timberlake: After he trimmed his curls, JT is almost always spotted in a dress vest and tie, keeping it casual with jeans but still looking undoubtably cool.
5. The Beatles: They not only influenced millions with their music, but also with their collared shirts and circle-shaped glasses.
6. Kriss Kross: I have no idea which marketing exec. told these kids to put their clothes on backwards (although I’m sure they probably came up with the idea themselves), but this was HUGE (just as huge as their clothes were on them…)
7. Sid Vicious: Ah Sid and Nancy, every punk’s idol. (minus swastika shirts)
8. Andre 3000: My favorite style ever, Andre 3000 is always dressed to kill.
9. Run DMC: You can still find those chains in St. Marks. Adidas classics? Nice.
10. Pete Doherty: Aside from the drugs, it’s now cool to look like a homeless drug addict, apparently.
Who are your favorites?