The Wella Professional Trend Report: DKNY Fall/Winter 2010
The fall ’10 DKNY collection encapsulates NY art and soul, reflecting the convergence of creative worlds and individual style that is the spirit of New York City. A neutral palette of blacks, charcoal, umber, vicuna and oxblood is brightened with accents of bluebird, sapphire, peach, and oyster. Pieces are architecturally paneled with color, texture, and pattern, but maintain the versatility of the classic urban and sporty chic modernism befitting of NYC sophistication.
A refined side-swept ponytail projects a sexy equestrian vibe with a subtly strong, yet not too masculine look. Created by the Wella Professional team, headed by Eugene Souleiman, the ponytail falls over the shoulder on the side where hair is parted, while just a few face framing layers are left to brush along on the opposite side of the face.
Click through for a step by step how-to.
1. Prepare damp hair with System Professional Volumagic and blow dry with a large round brush, creating a soft wave and giving direction for the side part.
2. Rake hands through hair to loosen the waves, pulling to the side of the part and fasten the low side ponytail.
3. Leave hair on the opposite side of the ponytail loose around the face to balance the asymmetry of the look.
4. Lightly smooth System Professional Hypercurl on the length of the ponytail for separation and added texture.
Hot Products: Provided by System Professional
• System Professional Volumagic: Natural hold styling foam for long-lasting volume (SRP: $16)
• System Professional Hypercurl: Provides texture and definition to curl patterns (SRP: $18)