Edited by Samantha Lim on
For those of you who are Coachella bound (and for those who are just channeling it in spirit) we’ve got our top tips for desert survival and inspiration for decking out in festival style. Here are our packing picks for Day 1. Be sure to check back all week for more advice!
DAY 1 dress code: Nothing gets you in the mood to rock out to 200 bands in the middle of the California desert like some fringe. Pair it up with a good pair of jorts, some rainbow kicks, and a feathery bracelet a-la-your inner spirit child and you’ll be all set for a day in the sun.
1. Roberto Cavalli open fringe tank net-a-porter.com
2. Jules Smith viva glam earrings shopbop.com
3. Kobler fringe backpack sheplers.com
4. Feather bracelet spelldesigns.com
5. Irregular Choice Chica Chola rainbow wedges irregularchoice.com
6. True Religion Faye jean shorts truereligionbrandjeans.com
7. Virgins Saints & Angels Goddess ring ylang23.com
DAY 1 Survival Tip: Low maintenance makeup: you don’t want to look like a melty clown. Your outfit and accessories are going to be so stylish that you won’t need a lot of face time, plus anything you put on will evaporate within the first 2 Robyn songs. Go for an SPF laden tinted moisturizer, cheek and lip stain for some color, and water proof eyeliner for those who can’t live without (like moi). Keep the lipgloss and sunblock on hand and you’re good to go!